Who are Paul Gauguin?
Owned by Pacific Beachcomber S.C., the leader in French Polynesia luxury destination resorts, Paul Gauguin Cruises operates the award-winning luxury cruise ship the m/s Paul Gauguin, which provides an exceptional cruise experience tailored to the unparalleled wonders of Tahiti, the South Pacific, and Fiji.
Launched in 1998, the renowned, 5+-star m/s Paul Gauguin was built specifically to sail the waters of Tahiti, French Polynesia, and the South Pacific and is the longest continually operating year-round luxury cruise ship in this enchanting destination. No other luxury ship in history has offered this level of single-destination focus and expertise on a year-round basis for such an extended period of time.
With more than 25 years of experience in the French Polynesian tourism market, Pacific Beachcomber is the country's largest luxury hotel and cruise operator in the region. In addition to The Gauguin, Pacific Beachcomber operates seven award-winning hotels and is committed towards achieving environmental and social sustainability. Most recently, Pacific Beachcomber opened The Brando, an award-winning luxury eco-resort on the private island of Tetiaroa, on July 1, 2014.
Top reasons to sail with Paul Gauguin
To Experience the Best
- Paul Gauguin Cruises was named “#1 Midsize-Ship Ocean Cruise Line” in Travel + Leisure’s 2016 World’s Best Awards
- Condé Nast Traveler recognized Paul Gauguin Cruises as “#2 Top Small Cruise Line” in the Reader's Choice Awards 2016
- The Gauguin is the longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific
It’s a More Intimate Voyage
- Our small ship was designed to be sleek and nimble, providing unmatched, up-close views of some of French Polynesia and the South Pacific
- Our award-winning Polynesian hospitality embodies warmth and exquisite attention to detail, delivering the type of personalized, luxurious experience you deserve
- Enjoy complimentary access to Paul Gauguin Cruises private beaches in Taha'a (Motu Mahana) and Bora Bora on French Polynesia itineraries.
Signature Programs onThe Gauguin
- Les Gauguines and Les Gauguins, our troupe of Polynesian hosts, accompany every sailing, providing unique live entertainment and hosting activities, bringing Polynesian culture to life on board
- Through our new partnership with WCS, you will have the opportunity to engage in two programs when you join us on board: Wildlife Discovery Series: Learn about marine wildlife and habitats when some of the world’s most interesting scientists, oceanographers, and conservationists. Stewards of Nature: This experiential, hands-on educational program inspires children (ages 7-17) and their families to value nature and explore the local environment.
- Enjoy opportunities to experience the world aquatic with complimentary watersports provided by the ship’s onboard marina or during visits to destination beaches. The Gauguin is one of the only luxury ship in French Polynesia to offer PADI SCUBA diving programs
Popular Cruise Itinerary
14 Night Cruise sailing from Papeete roundtrip aboard Paul Gauguin.
The m/s Paul Gauguin was designed specifically to sail the shallow seas of Tahiti and French Polynesia, visiting small ports that larger ships can’t reach and effortlessly blending into the stunning natural beauty of the South Seas. She offers an extension of the informal, relaxing environment of the islands, coupled with five-star service, comfort and luxury. Spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, a choice of three open-seating dining venues and an extensive spa are among her luxurious attributes. The atmosphere aboard ship radiates warmth, informality, and Polynesian flair. And our beloved troupe of Gauguines—a local Tahitian group who serve as cruise staff, entertainers and storytellers—add the unique personality of Tahiti to every cruise.
On this two-week cruise, you'll first call at the breathtaking isle of Bora Bora. Then it's on to the Tuamotus, specifically Fakarava, an atoll known for its pristine beaches, rare wildlife, and exceptional diving. Next, explore the mist-covered Marquesas, where you'll discover the islands of Fatu Hiva, Hiva Oa, Ua Huka, and Nuku Hiva. On these wild islands you'll find waterfalls, wild stallions, tiki sculptures, and an arboretum, among other delights. More enjoyment awaits on Taha'a (Motu Mahana), our own private motu, and a day at spectacular Moorea.
Awards & Accolades
Paul Gauguin Cruises has been honored by notable names in the travel and lifestyle industry for our award-winning luxury voyages which some deem the world’s best cruises. We are fortunate to be recognized for our top cruises including being voted “World’s Best Small-Ship Cruise Line” and “World’s Best Small-Ship Cruise Line for Families” by the readers of Travel + Leisure. Paul Gauguin Cruises has also received exceptional cruise reviews and accolades from our guests who thank us for providing the best cruises in the world. We invite you to sail with us and experience our top cruises.
USA Today - Best Boutique Cruise Line USA Today 10 Best Reader's Choice Awards 2017
USA Today - Best Cruise Ship for Dining USA Today 10 Best Reader's Choice Awards 2017
Cruise Critic - Best for Service Top 5 Winner in 7 Categories Small Ships Cruiser's Choice Awards 2017
travAlliancemedia - Gold Travvy Award Best Cruise Line Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific 2017
travAlliancemedia - Silver Travvy Award Best Cruise Ship, Mid-size – m/s Paul Gauguin 2017
travAlliancemedia - Silver Travvy Award Best Cruise Line, Ship Luxury – m/s Paul Gauguin 2017
Town & Country Travel - Best Cruises Classic Luxury: Paul Gauguin Cruises Best Match of Ship and Destination 2016
Travel + Leisure - Voted By Readers #1 Midsize-Ship Ocean Cruise Line World's Best Awards 2016
Travel+Leisure - #2 Midsize-Ship Ocean Cruise Line for Families World's Best Awards 2016
Condé Nast Traveler - #2 Top Small Cruise Line Readers' Choice Awards 2016
Condé Nast Traveler - Gold List 2016
Travel Weekly - Gold Magellan Award Cruise Overall: Small Cruise Ship (500 Passengers or Under) 2016
Women's Choice Award - America’s Most Recommended Brand for South Pacific Destinations 2015 - 2017
Women's Choice Award - America’s Most Recommended Brand for Small Ship Cruising 2015 - 2017
Travel Weekly - Silver Magellan Award Cruise Marketing: Advertising/Marketing Campaign "Land & Sea Packages" 2016